Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ever wonder...

Ever wonder how it is that just when you think your child can't get any cuter, you wake up one morning and everything he does just makes you want to envelope him in a huge bear hug? That was Ian a few days ago. It started out like a normal Saturday. Ian woke us up at about 7:30am, like usual with his bright smile and bouncy ways. After that, everything was different.

He'd smile, I'd melt. He'd make a noise, I'd giggle. He would just sit there and play. I could not get enough of him!!!

I wish I knew what it was. Granted, I normally find him to be the love of my life (sorry Jay. I do still love you lots! :)), but that day was so unlike anything I had ever felt.

Other mothers of boys have told me there is a special connection that is unlike anything they've ever experienced. There's something about boys, they tell me, that is so different. I wonder if that's what it is. Anyone know?

1 comment:

MR915 said...

Well I obviously don't have a boy...but I know exactly how you feel! I think maybe we just reach a point where we finally feel like we "know" our little ones? Their personality starts showing itself more and it just deepens the love you feel for them. The look on her face, the way she points at EVERYTHING, her babbling, just everything about her makes me smile and my heart swell with pride and love.

Isn't it wonderful being a mommy???