Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crawling - the next frontier. Maybe.

He's been sitting on his own since about 4 1/2 months. When you try to sit him down, he insists on standing. He's also doing pretty well just holding onto your fingers when he stands.

Crawling? Who knows.

I guess what he's doing now is pretty normal. He tries to scoot on his butt. Hasn't figured out, though, that you need to actually move your legs along with your butt to get anywhere. He's finally started rolling. It came slowly at first - just barely from back to tummy - that was a month ago. But in the last week he's really caught on, rolling all over the living room. And he's finally pushing up so that his tummy's off the ground.

I should be happy. Instead, I'm still feeling paranoid. I guess it's the worry I still feel because he was born early and so small. I keep worrying that somehow in the whole mess that was my last month of pregnancy, I screwed him up. He stopped getting bigger because of me. He came early because of me. What else did I do to him? This is the conversation I have with myself each time I hear about other babies his age. Those that are already crawling and pulling themselves up on things. Did I do something to keep him from being the same way?

Will I ever get over this feeling of guilt? I hope so. Otherwise, I'll need to get a hobby.

My quest begins Tuesday
So, I've been trying to come up with a way to get my baby weight and then some. I finally came up with a way. There's a 5k race that's been held in my area for many years called The Run for Women. It's a pretty big deal - world class runners make a point to run it every year. So I thought, why don't I?

Starting Tuesday, since that's the first day I can go to the gym because of Jay's schedule, I will start my training. I found a website that had a plan called "From the Couch to the 5k". Sounds good to me!

So, countdown to May 30th. Maybe I'll get a ticker in here or something. As soon as I figure out how to do it.

Cute moment of the day
We attended his friend Chelsea's first birthday party today. As we were leaving, we brought Ian and Chelsea close together to say goodbye. Daniella said to Chelsea, "Give Ian a kiss goodbye!" Before we knew what was happening the two of them put their heads and mouths together in what only can be called a baby kiss. Absolutely adorable! Totally melted my heart.

1 comment:

MR915 said...

Yay for cute baby kisses!!!